100 Questions Before Marriage
If you are contemplating Miss or Mr. Right asking these 100 questions before marriage can help you to decide if you really have found your life partner.
Ask These 100 Questions before Marriage
Questions about Family
- What was your family life like?
- How did you get along with your siblings?
- How did you get along with your parents?
- What was your parents’ relationship like?
- What was your mom like?
- What was your dad like? http://essayexamples.us/
- What are some of your favorite memories growing up?
- What is your most upsetting memory growing up?
- Who are you most like, your mom or dad?
- Which of your parents do you get along with better?
- Did your parents have traditional family roles?
- Were your parents strict or permissive?
Questions about Holidays
- What holidays are celebrated in your family of origin?
- What is your favorite holiday? aresearchpaper.org
- What are some of the holiday traditions you enjoyed and would like to bring in to your family?
- What things about the holidays did you not like?
- What is your favorite holiday memory?
- What is your worst holiday memory?
- What are some foods that are traditional to your family holidays?
- How are birthdays celebrated in your family?
- On a scale of one to ten how important are birthday celebrations to you?
- What is your idea of the perfect birthday celebration?
- Should holidays be spent with families or at home?
Questions about Religion
- Were you brought up in a church or other religious setting?
- How do you feel that affected you?
- One a scale of one to ten how important is religion to you?
- Will you want to continue to follow that religion?
- Will you want your future spouse to join your religious group?
- How will the children be introduced to religion?
- Will you want them to go with you to your services?
- Are there any religious rules, ceremonies, or traditions that are especially important to you?
- Can couples from different religious backgrounds have a successful marriage?
- What are some of the challenges you think will need to be overcome?
- Are there any special rules or traditions (Such as food laws, fasting, etc.) that will affect your marriage?
- Will you want to be married in a certain denominational or religious tradition?
Questions about Ethics
- What is lying?
- Is it ever okay to lie?
- What is cheating?
- Should married people have close friends of the opposite sex?
- Should they go to lunch or on casual dates with their friends of the opposite sex?
- Are there any social issues you feel strongly about?
- What are your views on abortion?
- How much, if anything, do you think a person should give to charity?
- How easily do you trust people?
- What are some things that make you feel betrayed?
- Do others consider you responsible?
- What do you want people to say about your life?
Questions about Romance
- What is your most romantic memory?
- What types of things seem romantic to you?
- Describe the perfect romantic evening
- How important is romance to a marriage?
- What types of things can help keep romance alive in a marriage?
Questions about Sex
- How often do you think the average couple should have sex?
- Do you consider yourself adventurous or timid when it comes to sexual things?
- What is your sexual history?
- Have you ever practiced or experimented with an alternative lifestyle?
- Do you use pornography?
- Do you feel pornography is acceptable?
- On a scale of one to ten how important is a good sex life to a marriage?
- Can a celibate or near celibate marriage work?
- What was your first sexual experience?
- Was it positive or negative?
- What made it that way?
- Do you find it easy or difficult to talk about sex?
- Do you have a fantasy?
- How important is it for married couples to discuss sex?
- Do you have any sexual regrets?
Questions about Parenting
- Do you want children?
- How many children would you like to have?
- Do you think using birth control is acceptable?
- How long should a couple wait before they have children?
- Should one parent stay home with the children?
- If so, which parent should that be?
- How do you feel about breastfeeding?
- Would you ever consider a midwife or homebirth?
- Should children be spanked?
- If not, what type of discipline is acceptable?
- What type of schooling should children have (homeschool, public, or private?)
- Do you think you will be a strict parent?
- Should girls have a different upbringing than boys?
- How do you see yourself as a parent?
- How would you handle it if one of your children was born differently-abled?
Questions about Work, Money, and Roles
- What types of roles did your parents have?
- How do you see the household chores being divided?
- Who will do the majority of the cooking?
- Who will do the majority of the budgeting and bill paying?
- How should financial decisions be made?
- How important is a retirement plan?
- How important is a savings account?
- Do you consider yourself capable with money?
- How do you feel about credit card debt?
- Are you happy with your job?
- Can a family live on one income?
- What are your goals?
- How do you plan on achieving them?
- Who has impacted your life the most?
- What are your top five financial priorities?
- How important is being wealthy to you?
- Do you want to own a home?
Get to Know Your Spouse
There are probably at least a hundred more questions that you could ask a potential spouse in order to get to know them better. Asking these 100 questions before marriage should be a starting place for deeper conversations and more questions.
The better you know someone before marriage the easier it will be to communicate after marriage.