Internet Business Marketing Tip: Online Marketing Solution
(diff) ←Older revision | Current revision | Newer revision→ (diff)
There are many avenues to pusue when looking for an Internet business marketing tip: online marketing solution for your internet business. With so many choices, you don’t need to narrow your choices down to just one type of site to advertise on or choose one particular online business directory. The expanse of the Internet allows for many options, with numerous opportunities to reach millions of potential customers.
What Kinds of Directories Are There?
Simply listing your website in online directories can increase visibility. Most major search engines offer free directory listing, and it's a good idea to place your website in several of them.
- Yahoo: Yahoo's has been a terrific directory listing resource for years, and the site has hundreds of directories.
- AOL—America Online's groups have been online even longer than Yahoo’s directory.
- Google Groups—Google Groups can offer you a great way to advertise in front of the billions of people who use Google everyday.
Internet Business Marketing Tip: Online Marketing Solutions Key Mistakes
- Advertise on websites that generate hits, but make sure that the site can produce paying customers are useful leads. Stop advertising with those sites that don’t; otherwise you’re just giving away money.
- DO NOT SPAM. Turn down offers to send unsolicited bulk emails for you.
- Email advertising can be effective if you utilize opt-in marketing. Designate a spot on your website where people can sign up for a newsletter or for special email updates about your business.
- Try not to be flashy. A simple advertisement can be just as effective, or even more so, as a fancy, flashing box with your company's name.
- Stay away from buying pop-up advertising. Pop-ups annoy Internet users. Many people block them, and most people can't stand them. Simply put, a cheap or free pop-up blocker will take care of your pop-up.
What are Some Successful Marketing Strategies?
- Ensure that your website is professional. If you are selling books related to the Revolutionary War, don’t have cutesy little kittens as your background. Yahoo and Freewebs offer free web building templates and you can easily search out web designers in your area if you have a budget you can spend.
- Build and email database. It’s okay to ask people if they want special offers or they want to receive information about you and your company. This gives you a list of qualified prospects to whom you can market.
- Consider sending a monthly or bi-monthy newsletter via email. You can your customers and prospects informed of any new products or changes that occur.
- Purchase banner ads. On the right website, a nice and simple featured banner ad can generate customers.
- Make sure your website is search engine optimized. When a search engine performs a search, it seeks out certain keywords and their placement on your website. Learning how to efficiently word your site is a science, but it can be learned.
- Invest in a shopping cart for your site if you sell products and services from your site. Paypal allows you to place a Paypal button on your site so you can accept credit cards and Paypal transactions. This is the poor-mans way, but it is fine if you have a few items to sell. If you have a menu of products you need listed, check out other shopping cart tools available on the web.
- Pay-per-click advertising is a way to get customers to your site without the high-cost of banners or other advertising. Basically you pay a webite to host your ad, based on the number of visitors who click through to your website. Instead of a flat fee, you pay a predetermined amoutn for every customer that visits your site through your ad.
What are The Best Online Ads for Advertising?
There are a number of visual Internet business tips and online marketing solutions, but there only a few your customers will actually see.
- Banner Ads. These ads usually sit at the top of a website before anything information. It is even before the title of the text or site.
- Box Ads. Box ads are smaller ads that are placed on the sides of websites are at the very bottom of the web page.
- Text Only. Sometimes, hidden away in a Links section, are the text only ads. Most of the time you can get listed for free, but you must list that same website somewhere on your web page.
Stay away from:
- Pop-up ads. Again, pop-up blockers will vanquish them.
- Pre-Page Ads. These are ads that you see appear before the website loads. If you’ve seen the phrase ‘the web page will load in x amount of seconds or you can click here to skip’ you’ve seen a Pre-Page ad. They aren’t useful because users can easily click to skip them, and often do so.
Marketing is an Art
With some many business advertising on websites, how can you be sure you’ll get your piece of the pie? Utilize some of the above Internet business marketing tips: online marketing solutions for your company to capitalize on the benefits of online advertising.Internet Marketing Tips